domingo, 14 de octubre de 2012

APPLICATION LETTERS


  • What is an application letter?

Application letter, also known as Cover letter is kind of official business letter often included with a job application or CV. Despite being considered optional, employers take into account people who spent time writing an application letter more than people who don´t, because it shows the desire to do the best.




  • When do you write an application letter?

It is usually used when you sent a resume, in order to provide additional information about your skills and experience and demonstrate the match between your attributes and the employer´s needs, also to prove why you would be the best option for the company and your communication and written skills.



  • What is the structure of an application letter?
* Salutation: Formal style.

* First paragraph: Why you are interested in the job, where you found the information, what is the specific job you are applying for.

* Middle paragraph: What you can offer the employer, why you are the best option for he/she, which are your skills and experience

* Last paragraph: Say thank for being considered as an option and report when and how you are available for notifications.

* Closure: With professional words followed by a comma.



  • Write five important TIPS for writing application letters.
  1. No misspell words and grammar mistakes.
  2. Formal style.
  3. Keep the paragraphs brief and relevant
  4. Focus in what the company wants or needs but not in your own needs.
  5. Usually one page is sufficient, make it easy to read.


  • Write an application letter for your dream job.

Carlos Alberto Vinazco Orduz
Carrera 110A 74 - 12
Bogotá D.C.
Telephone 057 1 549 8424


October 14th, 2012


Mr Gar Forman
General Manager
Chicago Bulls Corporation
1901 West Madison Street
Chicago, Illinois 60612-2459


Dear Mr Forman,

I am writing to express my interest in being considered for the position of Chigago Bulls player as advertised on the website www.nba.com/bulls/ on October 10th 2012. I shall be pleased to consider me as a qualified applicant because I have a special interest in taking the place is free in your team.

This year I will have had 25 years of experience as a “Point Guard” in different teams in Colombia. I have achieved an overall shoots average of 32 points per match; I participated in four Basketball National Championships and a Junior World Cup, being considered as the best player for sports journalists and couches of different teams as well. Those tournaments let me a very big experience to handle stage fright and provided me with an opportunity to play closely with great basketball stars and get experience in the position you are demanding an expert player, also it has strengthened my interest of playing in the NBA. Besides Colombian team, I have played for Santander team and Salesiano High School team, where I have won numerous individual and collective triumphs. All teams regarded the outcome of my participations as highly productive and successful. I give to any team a strong sense of hardworking and desire to succeed, a willingness to give the best and a need of producing quality game. As a result of skills gained through my experience in different teams I will be able to bring the trophy Larry O´Brien for the Chicago Bulls team again as Mr Michael Jordan did it two decades ago.

Thank you for considering my application. Enclosed is a copy of my CV and sports record. I would appreciate an interview and I am available in any time. If I am not contactable on my cellphone number 310 341 94 65, a message could be left at Federación Nacional de Baloncesto on 057 1 212 3307

Your sincerely,


Carlos Alberto Vinazco Orduz


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario